Wednesday, December 23, 2009

Appliance Energy Use Chart

  I can't even tell you how much this chart has saved me over the last year.  My household electrical useage has gone down by almost 25%.
  Some of the things we have done to save on our electric bill have made a bigger difference than others.  The biggest saver for me has been hanging my laundry.  In the past I thought my clothing would be to stiff if I hung it but I thought for the savings it was worth a try.  For me the best thing is to dry the clothing about 90% and then stick it in the dryer on low for about 10 minutes.  Make sure you only do full loads to maximize your savings.

  Another thing we have decided to do is use our dishwasher less.  This was not hard for me as my practically new dishwasher is horrible and you have to scrub the stuff before putting it in anyways.  Two other easy savers for us involve the computer.  We have several computers and printers at home as hubby runs his office from home.  Keeping the printers and monitors turned off when they are not in use has helped cut our electrical costs.

  Take a peek at this chart to get some ideas on how you can save.  Keep in mind that electrical rates vary from one area to another.

No comments:

Post a Comment