Friday, April 29, 2011

Teaching Young Children the Principals Of Saving

  

    For Me, for You, for Later: First Steps to Spending, Sharing, and Saving, was developed in 2011 by Sesame Workshop, the creators of Sesame Street, in partnership with PNC Grow Up Great. For Me, for You, for Later provides parents, caregivers, and educators with strategies and resources to turn everyday experiences into financial moments.


   The free bilingual, multimedia kit includes a Parent and Caregiver Guide, a Children's Activity Book, 3 Jar Labels, and an original Sesame Street DVD that features Elmo, Cookie Monster, and their Sesame Street friends as Elmo learns the basics of spending, saving, and sharing.


   I can not wait to get this kit int he mail.  My oldest is six and is just starting to wrap his head around saving for large purchases.  We have been able to foster in him the spirit and understanding of giving but saving we are working on.  Many times he is a role model to me in his generosity and I see giving as having equal importance to saving. 

  It is actually my five year old daughter that I think will benefit most initially from this program.  I still see her sneak the occasional peak at Elmo with the baby and she has much to learn in all aspects of saving and giving.  Really don't we all?  While Elmo may be a little to babyish for my six year old I hope he can get past that and learn the valuable lessons that the program is designed to teach.

 Visit their site here to get your free copy.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment