Wednesday, June 1, 2011

Stretching Your Home Cleaning Dollar

  I hate to not make use of every last bit of something I paid for.  Even if something was free I think it should not be wasted.  I know what you think, future Hoarders star here but seriously I'm very minimalistic and try control the clutter.
 
Any how all that said I have found a few ways to stretch my cleaning dollar a little more and waste less.  One of those ways is using every last drop of cleaning solution in a disinfecting wipes container.  Have you noticed that there is a lot of cleaning solution on the bottom of the container when the wipes run out? 

  The way I make the most of the remaining cleaner is very simple.  I take 5-6 paper towels and fold each into four.  Then I put them into the cleaner container and shut the lid and shake it up.  Voila 6 more moist cleaning wipes ready to use.  Considering there are usually only 30-36 wipes per container this percentage of added wipes is fairly high in my opinion.

  When every last drop is used I give the container to the kids for their art projects or I clean it very well and use it to store art supplies for the kiddo's.  I realize that I could spend even less by making my own cleaners but I have to admit that I like the convenience of the wipes.  I am thinking of making my own wipes by saving the next container when it's empty and creating my own using paper towels and some liquid disinfectant. I'll let you know how that goes.

No comments:

Post a Comment