Wednesday, December 5, 2012

Trying To Get My Thrift On.....

  Two things that I never thought would happen have now happened in EBay land.  The first is good and the second, not so much.

  Lets start with the good shall we????  The good thing is out of the hundreds of items I have purchased for EBay selling I only have 4 mugs and a few items I need to lot up left to list!!!  Victory!!!  I can not wait to show you what my Ebay efforts have gone towards.  Insert happy dance. Once it's all wrapped up I will share the photos and details.

  Now for the not so good news.......My favorite thrift store ( aka my source of winter inventory) has now joined the ranks of the highly, highly overpriced.  Snifff, sniff...  Let me give you an idea of what I mean by change in price.  I used to pick up vintage Revere Ware cookware for $6.99.  The same ones are now priced at $12.99.  I was even more shocked when I stepped into my home away from home, the toy department ( The Thrifty Momma loves to resell vintage toys.)  They had, no word a lie a small Lego Star Wars set in a very very beat up box for $109.00  No typeo folks ONE HUNDRED AND NINE DOLLARS!!  It sells for less new on Amazon.  I checked.

  I've decided to make lemonade out of this recent growth of a lemon though.  What this means is that I will have less clutter in my basement and I will just have to be very picky in what I pick up to resell.  I still need to make money so I'm just going to have to get out of my comfort zone.  I will be so happy once garage sale season starts again.

  How are the prices at your thrift stores?? 

No comments:

Post a Comment