Saturday, January 16, 2010

Laundry Tip #7




This next tip is very simple and will save you a bundle especially if you purchase pre-owned clothing.  I love buying my kids clothing on Ebay or at a great little consignment store near me.  I have found some incredible deals on clothing that has grease stains on it.  They are usually very easy to get out it you know how.

So how do you get grease (from food) out of clothing you ask?  Dawn.  Yep simple Dawn dish soap.  I put a table spoon of Dawn into a sink full of warn water with the clothing and let it sit for about an hour.  It has not failed me yet.  If your nervous it won't work put a little extra soap in and give it a gentle scrub.  I find Dawn works better than the other soaps.  I guess their ad is right it really does cut the grease.

Many times I have been able to re-consign or Ebay those same items for twice the price after my kids have worn them because they no longer had that nasty stain.

No comments:

Post a Comment