Sunday, January 31, 2010

My Thrifty Painting Crew



  We have wanted to create a play room for the kids for a while now.  Prior to my job loss we were going to put a room in our basement that the kids could use for toys an friends.  I wanted something out of the way that I could just kind of shut the door on if it was a mess.  Needless to say once i lost my job the extra income for this project was no longer available.  In steps creativity.

  Over the years I have started to sell quite a bit on Ebay and had taken over my guest bedroom with my inventory, computer boxes and overall hoopla.  We only have overnight guests a couple of times a year so my Ebay expansion was no big deal as far as room use goes.  About two months ago the winter trapped in our house feeling started as the kids were playing outside less and less.  I needed space and so did they.

  I came to the conclusion that we had to do something with that basement.  But how??  I have no money.  I stepped a solution.  I moved my Ebaying to my dark fairly cold and uninsulated basement and gave the guest bedroom furnature to someone who needed it for everyday use.  That felt good.  No I had a cleared out room for kid mania.

  They are so thrilled to have a play room coming.  So far we have scraped off a palm tree horrendous border and my sweet hubby has painted the ceiling.  Little by little it's getting done.  With the help of our little painting helpers it may just take a bit longer but I think it is making it feel more like their room to them.  I'm hoping to post a finished photo soon but the reality is that I will be surprise if we finish it this week.  After all now that I don't have a guest room anymore I have an overnight guest coming this weekend.  Don't you just love the irony of it all??

No comments:

Post a Comment