Saturday, January 30, 2010

Stocking the Freezer

  In February I am joining a host of other bloggers who have inspired me to once again fill me freezer by doubling up some recipes to stash away in the freezer for busy days.  I can't wait to get started.

  I thought I would start a little early today as I was inspired by a bunch of reduced price produce at the store today.  Bananas at .29 per lb are a steal around here so I loaded up.  I'm sure the cashier thought I was either crazy or half ape with all the bananas I purchased today.

  This photo is after the kids and I ate 4 of the bananas.  You can see I bought half a banana tree.  The ones in the bag are bananas I peeled and am putting in the freezer for smoothies.  Frozen bananas are excellent in smoothies just add some other fruit and yogurt and you are good to go.  At my house we all frozen strawberries or blueberries and vanilla yogurt.  My kids LOVE smoothies.  That banana bag should help keep the smoothies coming for a while.


  I took another 6 of the bananas from the above photo and made these:



  There is one more loaf of the bread that is still in the oven.  Some of the muffins will be used for kids snacks and a play date tomorrow.  The others and the two loaves of bread will be put in the freezer for another day.  I have to say this particular batch turned out tasty!

  To follow up with other freezer ideas visit Lifeasmom.com.

No comments:

Post a Comment